Monday, June 8, 2015

Goodbye Frizz, Hello Frizz Resistant Tips

As I mentioned before, frizz is my number one enemy during summertime (I know I'm not alone). After some research, I realized that I needed to make two major changes in my hair routine. Number one being the water temperature and number two being mindful of the product's ingredients during this sticky icky humid weather. So I put it to test today!

Number one. I switched up my routine and washed, conditioned and detangled my hair in cool water instead of the steamy shower temperature water. Then, I rinsed it all out with cold water (not the best feeling in the world). I kid you not, I saw a major difference with my hair. My strands still had some frizz to them, but there was much less frizziness going on. So that's the good part, the bad part is the cool water didn't really strip the pounds of products built up in my hair as quickly as warmer water would have. I spent more time shampooing than I would have liked standing in cool water. My suggestion, maybe try to use luke warm water to wash and condition then use cool/cold water to rinse. See, I told you I was here to see you through my trials and errors. The verdict is in and I say to you my fellow naturalista, rinse in cool water to seal your moisture!

Number two. After having to pack away some of my humectant rich products for winter time, I took a trip to Target to buy an anti-humectant leave-in conditioner and ended up with Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream. Remember, anti-humectant products are what you want to look for during summer because it repels moisture. My hair is very thick so my drying process takes all day especially with products in it, but by the end of the day I had much less frizz than normal. Yes, you read it correctly the cream fought off frizz throughout the day while my hair dried. I would recommend my fellow frizz warriors to try this product out and it's inexpensive, to be exact it was $2.99 at Target.


Now I'm aware that we all have different types of hair, so what works for me might not work for you. This is the difficult part of being a naturalista, searching for the right hair regimens to fit your hair needs. The water temperature tip is a universal thing that can benefit any hair type when it comes to frizz, but the product not so much. Although Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream smells delightful, it is a pretty thick cream that may or may not affect your liking to the product. Another flaw of the product is the bottle size, yes its under $5 but the small green 10.2 FL OZ bottle can easily be used up quickly if you have a head full of hair like myself. I still recommend you try it though; I can get over the size because the quality is very much worth it. Feel free to comment any other products you've come across that help you stay frizz-free or your own results!

      Signing off, a true naturalista!


4 comments:

  1. I had no idea about the water temperature bit! I am definitely going to try, even though I like very hot showers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a shock to me too because when you go to the hair salons they generally use warm water to make you comfortable. Def try cooling your water temperature down though.

      Delete
  2. Frizz for me happens only in summer humidity or (sometimes) rain. I've never tried an anti-humectant before. Or cold showers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Anti-humectants can make a major difference.

      Delete