Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer's Love Affair With Frizz

Frizz, frizz, frizz. Between summer's humidity and its attraction to frizz I'm not sure how my hair is going to make it through the season. The more my hair grows, the stronger my defense against frizz has to get. The War Against Frizz discussed my first line of defense to help ease the frizz situation. I've been sticking to the routine, but the temperature outside is rising and I need to add to this regimen.

I use Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream as my anti-humectant aid, which has been working fantastically. In addition to a leave-in conditioner, I'll be adding a moisturizer to my daily routine. I usually try to thoroughly moisture my curls 3 days a week, but the sun is sucking up a lot of that moisture leaving me dry. Remember moisture, moisture, and moisture. Your hair needs it regardless of the season, but summer hair counts on moisture. The dryer your hair the more it will frizz.


Personally, I like to use oils to moisturize because it's easier to work through thick hair. Some hair-friendly oils are argan, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond, macadamia nut and olive oil. You can also use those oils with other protein ingredients to make a deep conditioner to ensure the oils are absorbed into your hair. Depending on your hair type, some oils will work better than others. For instance, sweet almond works best for wavy hair as olive oil does for thick hair. From what I've seen argan oil is kind of the universal oil, it helps saturate all hair types similarly. 




In addition to ensuring I moisturize more often, I bought a microfiber towel to dry my hair. This is supposed to absorb more water than a regular towel and reduce frizz that cotton towels create. If you wan to keep it simple, just use an old t-shirt. The t-shirt won't absorb as much water right away, but it will definitely help with the frizz.   



5 comments:

  1. My hair gets so frizzy during the hot summer days. I've also never put anything in my hair to reduce frizz. I'm definitely going to try the Garnier Leave in Conditioning Cream. I love the fact about the microfiber towels. Interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric switch in your drying process will def make a difference in your frizz situation and the leave-in helps as well (smells great too)!

      Delete
  2. I'm starting to give up when it comes to controlling my frizz and puffiness. My hair is very long and can dry smooth when I put oil or serum in it, but there is always this puffy part that drives me insane. Its this one section that looks like frizzed straw no matter what I do to it. I used to think it was just damaged and got my hair cut, but it always grows back the same way. The hairdresser said that hair section "just drys that way". It's weird and annoying...haha. It is fixed when My hair is straightened but I never straighten my hair, don't want to put too much heat on it if I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Don't give up. Hair is prone to frizziness but you can always use little tricks to help manage it. I have two sections that are the same, no matter what I put in it after its dry its still extremely dry. Try showing some extra attention when you shampoo and condition. It helps just a tad bit for me.

      Delete